Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Formula Worlds Day 2


A short report today as it was a long day on the water with 3 light
wind races followed by the class general meeting.
I'm writing this exhausted from the days racing. It really took a toll
on me, fighting for each finish. Although my results didnt improve so
much as I'm stuck in 42nd, I felt I was sailing smarter today and was
really in the hunt for a few races.
All 3 races were 10-12k, shifty and puffy making it very tactical and
demanding races. I used the 12.3 and 72xxs kashy but was giving up
alot upwind in traffic. Im still having trouble holding a lane but as the day went on and I inched my booms up, things improved. By the last race I was up there in the top
20 going around the bottom mark but got hosed at the top mark in alot
of traffic. It felt good to up there sailing in the pack but just need
to close the deal
and finish stronger.

Tommorows another day and another chance to move up in the fleet and
make my goal of the top 30!
More rain showers expected as the heavens seem to opening up in
torrential downpours at the start and finish of todays racing.

Steve
USA-4

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: