Thursday, January 7, 2010

january training

Wednesday Jan 6 got me back on the water again after 3 weeks of being landlocked!
The sheer sensation of tracking a formula board upwind @ 25k is truly spectacular.
Under the golden gate is even more fantastic.
The ML10 felt more dialed in with the 10m rig as the 15-20k NE gusts filled into the beach @ crissy field. I ran my track @ bit further forward than before with 114cm to the front fin bolt. Downwind it was fantastic. The board tracks well and really goes deep with the chicken and 3/4 chicken. I wish I could say the same about my gybes and tacks.
My hands and feet only lasted about an hour on the water before turning a useless numb.

2 times outside the gate to the red nun before finding a wicked eddy amongst the afternoon flood tide and having to unwind ourselves from the lee of the south tower.
No chance of finding any swell @ft point.
USA13 and I ran a skewed Friday night course A in the NE breeze for some power reaching between Anita and X.
My thigh muscles were pretty useless after that.

No comments: